Downeast Maritime Inc. (DMI) is a very practical alternative to academy training. We offer comprehensive training with sensible time frames and fees. We are in the business of training mariners to the highest possible standards. In accordance with this primary goal, we are prepared to accommodate the student who chooses to repeat the entire licensing course, or any given segment thereof, at no additional cost within one year.
APPROVED COURSES * USCG Approved Testing Provider!
To view a detailed listing of class descriptions, click here.
* offered in partnership with Midcoast First Aid LLC
100Ton to 200Ton US Coast Guard Upgrade Course
500/1600 Master Prep Course
Able Seaman #
* Advanced Fire Fighting
* Advanced Fire Refresher
* Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation
Advanced (Terrestrial) Navigation
Auxillary Sail Endorsement*
Basic Safety Training
Basic Safety Training Refresher - BST-Refresher
Celestial Navigation for 200 /500-1600 Gross Tons
* CPR for the Community and Work Place
* CPR for the Professional Rescuer
* Elementary First Aid
* Engine Room Resource Management
Fishing Vessel Drill Instructor
Flashing Lights (Visual Communications)
Leadership and Management
Leadership and Teamwork
Limited Master/ Launch Tender
Marine Radio Licenses/FCC Exams
Master/Mate Course 100 Ton
* Medical Care Provider
Navigation and Deck General Supplemental
Original Radar Observer Inland & Unlimited
Proficiency in Survival Craft "LifeBoatman"
Proficiency in Survival Craft "Restricted"
Radar Re-certification (Any Tonnage)
* Security Training for Seafarers w/ Designated Security Duties
Terrestrial and Coastal Navigation – OICNW
Train the Trainer
* USCG Approved Text books, written by our senior instructor, for licenses 100 to 1600 gross tons, Inland & Near Coastal, Radar, Celestial & Advanced navigation, for home and/or class room study. U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) & Maine Maritime Academy recognized courses.
Downeast Maritime is also an Authorized Sales Agent for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and National Ocean Service (NOS).